You’re most likely here because you need to install Windows 10. You’re in the right place! In this article, I will show you how to create a Windows 10 installation stick.
You could be here due to a number of reasons. Such as an upgrade, or because you build your own PC. Please bear in mind that you will need to purchase a license.
If you don’t feel confident installing Operating Systems, please take your PC to a PC repair shop. I am not responsible for and damage or data loss caused. You are following this guide at your own risk!
You will need:
- A USB stick with at least 8 GB
- An internet connection
- Windows 10 Licence
1 . Format your USB Stick.
Please bear in mind that this step will wipe your USB drive meaning that you will lose your data.
To format your USB
- Insert your USB drive
- Backup any data
- Go to Computer
- Carefully select your USB drive
- Right click and select Format
- Click “Restore device defaults”
- Click “Start”
2. Download the Media Creation Tool
The tool will do all the work for you, you just need to follow the steps
3. Follow instructions until you get to the “What do you want to do” step
Select “Create installation media”.
4. Select your language, edition and architecture
5. Select “USB Flash drive”
6. Select the correct drive
7. Wait for the download and installation to complete
Once the installation is complete your USB drive is ready!